MachineControl from Avid is software that enables easy integration and control of external audio/video devices within the Pro Tools system via industry-standard serial 9-pin machine control protocols. Common tasks such as fast forward, rewind, jog, shuttle, and more are easily accessible through the Pro Tools graphical interface.
The software offers track-arming for integrated laybacks to external transports, and also allows for slaving Pro Tools 5.1 and higher software to compatible Sony 9-pin devices, allowing the Pro Tools system to emulate a remote deck. It supports serial time code as a positional reference and features faster lockup times to Sony 9-pin.
The software allows for scrubbing of audio and video simultaneously from within Pro Tools. The transport window provides enhanced feedback for the various control modes, including displaying the difference between Shuttle mode and true Rewind or Fast Forward modes. The control software will also tell Pro Tools if a machine's local/remote mode has been changed from its front panel, eliminating communication problems that might otherwise occur.
* Sony 9-pin and VideoMedia V-LAN protocols supported
* Scrub to picture
* Supports compatible non-linear video recorders/players
* Control the audio or video machine's transport operations within the Pro Tools environment - jog shuttle, fast forward, rewind, etc.
* Pro Tools on-screen cursor and transport counter keep you informed of the machine's position at all times
* Improved status indication in the transport window provides user feedback for the various control modes
*Slaving of Pro Tools to external controllers via 9-pin Remote Mode 1